The NAA invites all sculptors to submit works to be considered for the fifth year-long exhibit at the Range Light Community Sculpture Garden. This almost 3000 square foot garden resides behind the historic NAA along the extremely popular Newburyport Rail Trail and is seen and visited by hundreds of people every week. Each year the sculptures delight and amaze all that are drawn to this beautiful community.
Fees: $0 to enter
Sculptors are invited to submit 1 to 3 pieces.
Group Exhibition from September 13, 2020 – September 3, 2021
Eligibility: International; NAA member or non-member
- Sculptures must be resistant to New England Weather. This is an interactive garden- works must not be a public safety hazard.
- The NAA Curatorial Committee will jury submissions and supervise installation.
- Artists are responsible for installation and suitable bases if needed. All accepted works must be delivered to the NAA by the artist or their representative. A $50 stipend per sculpture will be provided to help offset installation expenses.
- NAA insurance coverage includes replacement value and liability from injury caused by a sculpture.
- All works must be available for purchase and the NAA will receive 40% commission on each sale. The selected works will be installed for 12 months and sold works will be removed at the conclusion of the exhibit. Interested buyers will secure their purchase with a $500 non-refundable deposit. The NAA and artist will receive their commission percentage of the deposit when the sale concludes at the end of the exhibit.
- A maximum of 3 entries may be submitted by digital image via the NAA website “Enter a Show” page, Fifth Annual NAA Community Sculpture Garden Entry Form. Please include two views of each piece in a JPEG format (300 dpi, Max. 5MB) and label as follows: Last name – Title – Dimensions – Materials – Price
- Once notified of acceptance in the exhibition, the artist will be sent the Loan Agreement which will need to be signed and returned to the NAA upon acceptance.
- Retail price, replacement value, artist biography/resume`, and any pertinent press or other information must be supplied by the sculptor upon acceptance into the exhibition.
SHOW DATES & DEADLINES
Submission Deadline Friday, August 16, 2020
Acceptance Notification Friday, August 22, 2020
Installation September 4 – September 6, 2020 from 11:00am-5:00pm
Opening Reception Sunday, September 13, 2020 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Pick Up Dates September 3 – September 5, 2021 from 11:00am-5:00pm
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT:
Warren Moskowitz, Board President