Donna Caselden is a well-known talent across the spectrum of visual design. An award winning experimental artist and clothing designer, Caselden also works one-on-one with clients on interior design and home décor projects.
Caselden works from her studio in the seaside village of Annisquam, Massachusetts. Her artwork is showcased in museums and galleries throughout New England, New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area, including the highly regarded Peabody Essex Museum (PEM) in Salem, Massachusetts. Caselden has won acclaim for her work with acrylic and oil paint and is known for her experimental 2D artwork, incorporating unusual substances like marble dust, sand or mica to achieve unique texture and effects.
Donna Caselden is a member of Cape Ann’s Experimental Art Group at Rockport Art Association, Society for Encouragement of Arts (seARTS), the Rocky Neck Art Colony, National Association of Women Artists (NAWA), Master Artist of Newburyport Art Association, and is represented by Gallery on Jarves in Sandwich, Massachusetts.
She is available for workshops and presentations to share her experience and expertise in the creative design process.
- Extremes and In-Betweens, Rocky Neck Art Colony, Gloucester, MA 2019
- Fact is Fiction’s Inspiration, Galatea Fine Art, Boston, MA 2019
- Master Artist Level Group Show at Newburyport Art Association, Newburyport, MA 2019
- A Taste of Cape Ann, Charles Fine Arts Gallery, Gloucester, MA 2019
- Grassroots, Rockport Art Association & Museum, Rockport, MA 2019
- 2019 Regional Juried Show at Newburyport Art Association, Newburyport, MA
-Unexpected #10, Rockport Art Association & Museum, Rockport, MA 2018
-Natural Force, Simmons College Trustman Gallery, Boston, MA 2018
- Artcetera2018, Boston, MA
- Salon 2018 The Transformative Power of Wearable Art, Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, MA
- Unexpected #9 -A juried exhibition of the Rockport Art Association & Experimental Art Group 2018
- Grassroots, Rockport Art Association & Museum, 2018
- The Day Art Met Fashion, to benefit NAA, Newburyport, MA 2018
- Juxtaposition Solo Show, Stetson Gallery, Marblehead, MA 2018
- Art on the Rocks, Bass Rocks Golf Club, Gloucester, MA 2018
-There’s More To Sea, Gloucester Paint Factory, Gloucester, MA 2018
- Artrageous!32, Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA 2018
- RADAR ‘Act II’ Harrison-Lobdel Gallery, Sarasota Springs, NY
- RADAR 'Act I', Artlery160 Gallery, Boston, MA 2018, 3rd Place Winner for "The Silver Line"
- A Parallel Presence, Wedeman Gallery, Newton, MA 2018
- White House Holiday Decorator Volunteer, 2017
- Charles Fine Arts Small Works Exhibit 2017
- Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Online Semi-finalist 2017
- Cabot House Showrooms Weymouth and Burlington locations 2017-2019
- National Association of Women Artists 2017 New Member Exhibition, New York, New York
- Blank Canvas, National Association of Women Artists at Junior League of Boston Designer Show House 2017
- Unexpected #6 -A juried exhibition of the Rockport Art Association & Experimental Art Group 2017
- Women, National Association of Women Artists at Charles Fine Art Gallery, 2017
- Innovative Crafts, National Association of Women Artists Online Gallery, 2017
- seArts at Bass Rocks, 2017
- Unexpected #5 - A juried exhibition of the Rockport Art Association & Experimental Art Group 2017
- Contemporary Visions of Greece's Golden Age at Lowell's Brush Gallery, 2017
- Unexpected 4- A juried exhibition of the Rockport Art Association & Experimental Art Group 2017
- Fields of the Mind at Hudson Gallery, Gloucester, MA 2017
- Peabody Essex Museum World of Wearable Art Exhibit, Salem, MA 2017
- Fresh Exhibit at Rocky Neck Cultural Center, Gloucester, MA 2017
- Unexpected #3- A juried exhibition of the Rockport Art Association & Experimental Art Group, Rockport, MA 2016
- Annisquam Arts & Crafts Show, Gloucester, MA 2016
- Groundwork Glow Gala, Lawrence, MA 2016 and 2017
- ManneqArt, Baltimore, MD 2014 and 2016
- Cape Ann Museum Guest Lecturer, Gloucester, MA 2015
- Celebrate Wearable Art II 2013, III 2015 and IV 2017, Gloucester, MA
The Daily News
"'The Day Art Met Fashion' to benefit NAA"
"Gloucester Artist Donna Caselden opens 'Juxtaposition' at Stetson Gallery"
The Herald Tomorrow
"Donna Caselden Designs Dresses, Items, and even the White House"
"Ms. Caselden Goes to Washington"
"Prepared to be WOWed: Exhibit explores wearable art ranging from the outrageous to the sublime"
"ManneqArt Madness at Savage Hill"
"Prepare to be Wowed"
"Fields of the Mind"
Gloucester Wicked Local
"Peabody Essex Museum to Display Wearable Art"
"Wearable Art: Exploring Expressions on the Human Form"
My work always contains an element of surprise. Once I make that first pass with my brush, I never know what will emerge. The finished design is never the way I expected it to be. I love that. I trust my intuition, and that allows my artwork to evolve organically. It is that aura of mystery that captivates the viewer, with a sense that my paintings reveal a secret, unknown space. I want people to feel that they’re truly drawn into the painting, and see something different every time.