About Nicole Nadeau
Sorry, no listings were found.
Indigo is opening for the October 17 & 18 weekend to celebrate 14 years of shows, art walks, workshops and creating art at Indigo Artist Studio. Maria Malatesta has been a guest artist often over the years and is once again joining in a show to lift our creative spirits during these crazy times.
The studio has been rearranged to maximize the space for the art and viewer. Maria’s small grids and oil landscapes as well as her watery expressive paintings will be integrated with my monotypes and mixed media paintings creating a plethora of art to view. Since we must be conscious of health and safety, social distancing, masks and a limit of only 4 guests in the studio at once will be allowed.
All work is for sale and discounts will be available for selected works. This is the perfect opportunity to brighten the day and your walls with a new piece of art, gifts too!
From Mary and Maria
Take a look at this new virtual show! Consisting of 40+ B&W images of the late evening and early morning in Newburyport. These images were taken between 1980 and the present. They consist of images shot on film and digital. The link to the show is https://www.samdphoto.com/p710064703. Enjoy!
Bid Early, Bid Often, Bid Generously! Visit the Gallery at 65 Water Street to see these Auction items live, or view them online. The Auction is open NOW through Saturday, October 3rd at 9:00 PM
Click Here to go to the Auction site and thank you for supporting the NAA!
19th Annual NAA Art Auction & Exhibition
September 19th – October 3rd
We are thrilled to present over 100 stunning artworks, exciting packages and a fabulous Maine Getaway raffle.
For the first time we are having an Auction Exhibition in our newly renovated galleries from September 19th – October 3rd.
Come preview all the beautiful art during our VIP Reception or visit the gallery when our doors open to the public!
The Auction will go live online, Saturday, September 26th and end Saturday, October 3rd at 9:00 PM.
Please join us to support the Newburyport Art Association, the artists and the community programs we sponsor.
Looking for more images of the Auction Artwork?? Online Preview available September 6th
The Band of Brushes Presents our Annual 2020 NAA Show:
August 24- October 24, 2020
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, the exhibit has been re-created as a virtual show and an online experience.
View the show at www.bandofbrushes.com
The Band of Brushes is a group of artists who paint together ‘en plein air’, a French expression meaning in the open air, throughout the spring, summer and fall, working to capture the elusive light of day. The Band of Brushes is one of the Newburyport Art Association’s Featured Interests Groups.
These artists share a love of nature and plein air painting in oil, watercolor, pastel and acrylic mediums. They meet weekly to paint outdoors at beautiful North Shore and seacoast locations.
The NAA invites all sculptors to submit works to be considered for the fifth year-long exhibit at the Range Light Community Sculpture Garden. This almost 3000 square foot garden resides behind the historic NAA along the extremely popular Newburyport Rail Trail and is seen and visited by hundreds of people every week. Each year the sculptures delight and amaze all that are drawn to this beautiful community.
Fees: $0 to enter
Sculptors are invited to submit 1 to 3 pieces.
Group Exhibition from September 13, 2020 – September 3, 2021
Eligibility: International; NAA member or non-member
- Sculptures must be resistant to New England Weather. This is an interactive garden- works must not be a public safety hazard.
- The NAA Curatorial Committee will jury submissions and supervise installation.
- Artists are responsible for installation and suitable bases if needed. All accepted works must be delivered to the NAA by the artist or their representative. A $50 stipend per sculpture will be provided to help offset installation expenses.
- NAA insurance coverage includes replacement value and liability from injury caused by a sculpture.
- All works must be available for purchase and the NAA will receive 40% commission on each sale. The selected works will be installed for 12 months and sold works will be removed at the conclusion of the exhibit. Interested buyers will secure their purchase with a $500 non-refundable deposit. The NAA and artist will receive their commission percentage of the deposit when the sale concludes at the end of the exhibit.
- A maximum of 3 entries may be submitted by digital image via the NAA website “Enter a Show” page, Fifth Annual NAA Community Sculpture Garden Entry Form. Please include two views of each piece in a JPEG format (300 dpi, Max. 5MB) and label as follows: Last name – Title – Dimensions – Materials – Price
- Once notified of acceptance in the exhibition, the artist will be sent the Loan Agreement which will need to be signed and returned to the NAA upon acceptance.
- Retail price, replacement value, artist biography/resume`, and any pertinent press or other information must be supplied by the sculptor upon acceptance into the exhibition.
SHOW DATES & DEADLINES
Submission Deadline Friday, August 16, 2020
Acceptance Notification Friday, August 22, 2020
Installation September 4 – September 6, 2020 from 11:00am-5:00pm
Opening Reception Sunday, September 13, 2020 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Pick Up Dates September 3 – September 5, 2021 from 11:00am-5:00pm
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT:
Warren Moskowitz, Board President